Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week 39



Well yet another week!!!

This week was pretty good, pretty good indeed. Exciting to see the rain come down and not really have to worry about being in the street other than the when you are in the rain and just say wow there is no one in the street but that only happens sometimes haha. we were walking in the street and there were lots of people then we talked to one person and well the rain started and then there was not one person, i don't know how it happened? Rain. Well anyways life is good and from what we learned last night is that the missionary force is pretty big and the youth are suiting up to join the army of god. what a great army it is and how powerful the Gospel is world wide. 

This week I read in Helaman 5, one of my favorite scriptures is Helaman 5:12 it says this, "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall". I always remember when I was in Primary and we sang the wise man and the foolish man when I read this scripture. oh those good old primary days the interactive part is great as well. but it really makes me think about who I am. Am I a foolish man who builds his house upon the sand or am I really building my house of faith on the rock which is Christ? It's a good question right? Am I putting my faith in the Lord or am I just saying well ya i believe but not acting.  

It says in James 2:26 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith  without works is dead also.  Well is it? I think Yes if we aren't showing our faith by building our house on Christ then are we just like a soccer ball just being kicked around? Well then if we are like that then we need to change. we need to get up and show our faith. We need to build the house we have out of rock on the rock of our salvation. Well what do you think? Will you build your faith on that rock? I will I know that. By showing my faith in the Lord and by letting it know. That's one reason I am here to show my love for the Lord and to show that I am a Representative of Jesus Christ I know who I am and I know Gods plan. What a great think to know! 

I love the scriptures I read them everyday and everyday I learn something new and something I need to be better at. One of the reasons why we are here is to be tested the trails we have are to shape our life forever. life is great and will always be that way if we just put God first and put on the smile that everyone loves. The Funnest thing is to see a little baby smile and to see someone happy it just puts something in me that makes me then smile and well then the whole worlds smiling. so be happy and smile lots!!!

the church is true there is no doubt about it!!! I love being a missionary!!! what a great calling I have!!! well that and being a Primary teacher haha!

Love you ALL!!!
Elder Jaymes Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment