Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Week 37, Good-bye Elder Jenne



HI from the heat of Ixhuatan where I just got word I am staying a little while longer!!! 

So ya this week was a really good week a nice and warm week but it was actually a good last week for Elder Jenne. Its really interesting how fast things go int he mission I was just looking and well at the end of next transfers the transfers will be on my Birthday! thats quick it seemed just like yesterday! wow! I just love being a missionary!! the spirit is just strong here. I remember one lesson this week with Deriemine who is getting Baptized in like an hour. last baptism for Elder Jenne and well he is baptizing her. its going to be a great reminder. but in one of the many lesson's we had this week was her and was a very spiritual lesson. All about the Atonement. I really have been thinking a lot about the Atonement and well my companion Elder Jenne who is just a great guy and I know he will return with Honor on Thursday. But I have learned a lot about what the lord has done for us. he Atonement is the whole reason why we are baptised and why we repent. The Atonement is the best gift we could have ever been given. Better than Christmas Morning and Birthdays! its the Best thing!! the Fact that Christ suffered for us in the Garden of Gethsemane and then Died on the cross and then three days later he was resurrected it is a blessing for sure. anyway we where with Dereimine and well the very best lesson i have been in about the Atonement when we just opened up and we told her the love that god has for her then to see her feel this love she said ,"Elders that is why i always want you to come and talk with me and to teach me" then We looked at each other and I said, " deriemine would you be baptized to show your determination to follow Jesus Christ. She nodded her head and we could see that this person who before had had such a difficult life. she then told us how the Atonement has made her life turn around and she said I want to be baptized and I Will do anything to do that to make my life better. Oh man!!! there want a dry eye in the room. she has taken the path I never want to take or i would never want anyone to take. I know that Christ Atoned for us and I know it was for our benefit as well.  our Father in Heaven Loves us!!!
Another thing I have been thinking and trying to explain to everyone is that we need to always put on our Armor and we always need to keep it on to keep ourselves out of temptations. I Know that if we have the Armor of god on we will be protected. Well we will take and example out of where I am reading in Alma the War Chapters. the Lamanites for example. they were stupid who goes to war with only a loin cloath. now if we suit up for war with satin and we only have that wow i really dont think we will make it just like the Lamanites didnt make it. Now if we are like Moroni then well we have all of it like it says in Ephesians 6  13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins agirt about with btruth, and having on the cbreastplate of drighteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of apeace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of afaith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery bdarts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of asalvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 aPraying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all bperseverance and supplication for all saints; If we have all of this then well why would we die? if we are a lamanite then well with one blow we are gone poof! so dont be a LamAnite be a Nephite.



Well I hope you had a great week life is good Isnt it I just love being a missionary. Hope all is well where you are

May we remember the Atonment of Christ and how wonderful it is for us.

Elder Jaymes Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment