Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 53: I know God is here right by me to help me. I LOVE THIS WORK!!!!!



HI hope that the force was with you this week haha sorry I just was reading my brothers emails.

Well I now have a year in my mission!!! that's pretty cool isn't it! It’s been a great year that's for sure. And other than being just a little bit sick on Thursday in the morning it was a great week filled with lots of just heartwarming things as well 2 baptisms so ya it was a great week. 



In the picture it goes me in the great looking white haha, then the cute little Joseline who's family is all members except her and well E. Zambrano baptized her, then its Jamie who's mom was a member and well she just died and he is accepting the lord into his life a lot more. He is like a missionary he always says that he will go where the Lord wants him to go, he is a great guy a single man that just does the will of the lord. Then there is My Companion Elder Zambrano in his White and well i just figured out he is just a little darker than me and that we look good in white haha. But this was a great baptism two people that are just so close to god and are willing to go where the lord wants them to go. Joseline was so scared to talk to the district leader because she was afraid he would ask her questions she wouldn't know haha but then she just opened up and just couldn't stop talking about how she is a daughter of god. she will make a great young women. and Jamie is just awesome we go over there a lot of times in the mornings and we paint his house we finish one project and he comes up with more to paint haha but what a humble person!


I think this is what the mission is all about not baptizing it’s getting to know people that are just so humble and so prepared. My first half of my mission has been in three different places, in Provo for two months here for two months and well the place I miss- my birth place in the mission Ixhuatan. Here in the mission Field it is amazing who you can talk to. it’s amazing to be in the lords hands. i think that's what you can say about a missionary they are the lords hands. the lord is an amazing person he is all knowing, sometimes I stop and think how our father in heaven does it. then it makes my head hurt thinking of how it all came to pass. but since he is all knowing I am the lords hands I am, as President Uchtdorf described in his talk about how we are the hands of Christ, “I am the work, I am the body but not the spirit, I am the mouth but not the tongue”. I am an elder set apart to be away from the people I love to go and be the physical body our heavenly father needs to be able to reach out to his children. I have a gift to speak a language that was so foreign as the country i was going to, OK granted it is not that foreign but it’s not the US. I open my mouth and there are things that come out of it I had no Idea were even words, I am Elder Jaymes Monson A man of strength but I will do exactly as Ammon in Alma 26:11-14

 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my Joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

 13 Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice?

 14 Yea, we have reason to praise him forever, for he is the Most High God, and has loosed our brethren from the chains of hell.


EXACTLY!!! Its real! I am defiantly not boasting in my strength, that would be a joke haha, but I will boast in the strength the lord has given me. the lord works through me to get to his children he works through me to bring people unto him. Everything I do Everything I say is given me in the exact moment I need it (D&C 10:6)  6: For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.
I am really given it in the very second I need it, the spirit is in me and I will let it work through me to become the best I can be.

This first year has been a great one started out like wow I hope I will make it at least a year but now i don't want to go home ever!!! I have gotten to know people who are amazing and who want to become closer to god and they are the best people in the world because they opened the door to let the lord bless them. I can always remember Temo I don't think I will ever forget him and his family they are the best people that have changed their hearts and have accepted god in their lives, they have been touched by the loving atonement that god has given them and they will hopefully go on and never turn down the lord again. I love being a missionary sometimes you feel like you really are on the front lines with Christ and you are getting hit from everywhere with everything you don't want to happen but I wouldn't want it any other way. I will go where my spirit sends me because where ever my spirit goes my body does too. I love this work and I love being on the front lines against satin and I will make sure he never wins because I am a messenger of god and will always be one I know this church is true and I know that if we come to god with a broken heart and a contrite spirit we will always have him to lead and guide us. I am a child of god and I know this truth a family is forever I am a messenger of our loving Father in heaven a Representative of the Savior Jesus Christ. I know god is here right by me to help me. I LOVE THIS WORK!!!!!

I love you all and hope you all have a great day and a great week!!!

Elder Jaymes A Monson
A Representative of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment