Monday, August 26, 2013

Week 48: Come Unto Christ



Well there it is -today marks 11 months in my mission!! Wow!!!

There it is wow. I would only be dreaming this on my first day!! but it is awesome and it has been so fast!!! man!! But its been very good!  Saturday we had a baptism of a man who's name in Benjamin and this has turned his life around like crazy he has completely changed his whole life. He told us that the love of Christ has really changed him. he just had a separation with his wife and his girls don't want to visit him and so he was sad and well that's when my companion and his other companion before me stepped into his life and they really changed it. he told me he owes us a ton but really he doesn't owe us anything. 

I have been reading the new testament every morning and well the teachings of Christ go right into this situation it says in Matthew 11:28-30:

 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Isn't that just what he did. he came unto Christ and He had his burdens lifted from off of him Just a little bit. HE CAME unto Christ and let Christ take the burden and then relieve the pain. We need to come unto to him and we need to be perfected in him. We need to come unto him and be perfected in him to feel his love. I can really say that when we come unto him and take his yoke upon us we will feel a lot better I have felt it as I have been embarking on this journey for 11 months. Its been rough sometimes but really it has been rewarding It has been the best of times and the worst of times- well really more of the best of times! its amazing to see how the lord will work through ones hands to help his children. It is amazing I really have seen it as we are sometimes like -where are we going? well lets go over there what are we going to teach? my companion asks, Well lets follow what the spirit tells us to teach. At first he was like WAIT! WHAT? I said we aren't here Elder to teach just lessons we are here to teach the people the love God has for them and well lets see what he can do through us, because we are servants in his hands we have a purpose and well lets go fulfill it. the first time I told Elder Zambrano I wish I could have taken a Picture. He said, Wait! well OK Ill follow you companion. haha and well you know what we did we followed the spirit and we made it one of the best lessons I have seen in my mission not just because I'm a good teacher haha Just kidding no it was because we let the spirt into the room and we made miracles happen. 



In Mosiah 5:8-10 it reads:
And under this head ye are made free, and there is no other head whereby ye can be made free. There is no other name given whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that ye should take upon you the name of Christ, all you that have entered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedient unto the end of your lives.
 And it shall come to pass that whosoever doeth this shall be found at the right hand of God, for he shall know the name by which he is called; for he shall be called by the name of Christ.
 10 And now it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall not take upon him the name of Christ must be called by some other name; therefore, he findeth himself on the left hand of God.

the head is Jesus Christ there is no other way by which the blessings will come except by and through the master, Jesus Christ. here as a missionary I have watched over and over and over again one of my favorite movies from the church the best two years!! haha no its Finding Faith in Christ. I really never thought before why this movie was made until I saw the movie in action. We watched this movie with Benjamin and I just want to say Faith is a very important thing. that's all i have to say on Faith is a basic thing that we need to have to be able to make the next move. Faith is the basics on how we can change our lives for good and also how we can follow the Master in all things. it is a very important thing Faith. and well here's a scripture. 
In Alma 26:22 it says:
22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance. 

The main thing that I am trying to say is Come Unto Christ and be perfected in him! come and give him everything and take the light load and continue on. Repent and be renewed. Come unto Christ and let him heal you. 

I have seen so many things in my mission and well one of them is people acting and doing and letting the masters touch come and make them better. I know that if we do this we will become disciples of Christ and we will let him heal us.

After 11 months I am flying through my mission. but I don't miss a time to let the spirit lead me. I Hope you are all having a great day and well hope this week was and is a good one for you.

I love you All!!!

Elder Jaymes Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment