Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 46- I am Elder Jaymes Monson and I am a Mormon!



I am Elder Jaymes Monson and I am a Mormon!

Hello everyone I hope everything is going well today and like always Happy new week! Wow this week was actually really great. Yesterday we baptized a lady named Noemi and what a great baptism it was. she is actually a really shy person but has a huge testimony of the truth. We were with her on Wednesday night, it was raining a little bit but not too bad, and we had been trying to talk to her all week. then we came to talk to her and she had been having a lot of hurting in her stomach and we came at the right time- we explained what a priesthood blessing is and asked if she would like one. i was privileged to give her the blessing and its really interesting how the spirit works, as the scriptures say, in mysterious ways. that is for sure it sure works through a person like fire sometimes. We gave her the blessing and you could feel the love our father in heaven has for her as I was guided to say some very key things that will change her life. as we blessed her and then as we talked for a bit she said, Elders i just received the answer to my prayers I will be getting baptized this week and you better be ready for it. we just said of course we will get everything ready then she shared something each one of us has, she shared her testimony with us. and the spirit was Strong before but it got stronger and stronger until it touched each of our hearts so strongly I don't even know how to explain it. she then said the closing prayer and all I can say is wow! we had to cut through the spirit with our spiritual swards just to get out of the lesson it was that strong. then we left the lesson and my companion and I just looked at each other and I said Elder If we could have that spirit always with us we would baptized the world haha. It was great but the important thing about that experience is the testimony.

Each of us has a testimony and well I just finished the Book of Mormon for the second time in my mission in English and what better than the words and the testimony of this book through the words the prophets say. As the book starts I Nephi being born of goodly parents and ends with the strong testimony of Moroni We can just say that the book really is a testament of the truth that we have. The testimony of the servants of god. As Nephi says I will go and do the things which the lord hath commanded me (1 Nephi 3;7) and The lord has commanded me and i Will obey (2 Nephi 33:15) and Ammon who teaches with power (Alma 18 - 19) or Captain Moroni who if any one who ever was or would be like him the very jaws of hell would be shut forever (Alma 48;17) or King Benjamin who teaches it is by our faith on the name of Christ the we can be spiritual sons and daughters of god (Mosiah 5:7) or Abinadi who explains that we need to come into the arms of mercy and call on his name (Mosiah 16:12) Or Heleman who explains that we need to be built upon the rock of our salvation (Heleman 5:12) or Moroni who explains to us that the witness comes after the trail of our faith (Ether 12:6) or the most powerful on that just tells me how he is a servant of the lord when it says ¨... I make not myself known to the Laminites lest they should destroy me...because of their hatred they have put to death every Nephite who will not deny the Christ. And I Moroni WILL NOT DENY THE CHRIST.¨ What power and authority he has I will not deny the Christ. oh shakes my to the bone! If we have a testimony like him and so many other people in the Book of Mormon what have we to lose? nothing. We can now Put of titles of liberty up and say We will fight for the lord. (Alma 46:12-13) Will we be like Moroni and say everyone is ding spiritually because they have denied god but I Will not deny the Christ. I Elder Jaymes Monson will not deny the Christ! so who will be with me? I hope all of you will. I know the book of Mormon is true! I know it with all my heart and by this book a man can really come closer to Christ and by not denying his works we can and will Know the mercy of our lord and our god. We will not deny the Christ because we know what will happen to us Spirtually. Come unto Christ and be perfected in him (Moroni 10:32-34) And when ye shall receive these things I would Exhort you that ye ask god the Eternal father in the name of Christ if these things are not true and if ye ask with a sincere heart and with real intent having faith in Christ he will manifest the truth of it unto you by the gift of the holy ghost and by the gift of the holy ghost ye may know the truth of all things. (Moroni 10:4-5) I know because I have asked him what about YOU? i KNOW THIS BOOK IS TRUE AND I WILL NOT DENY IT NOT ONE BIT! in the name of Jesus Christ our savior and redeemer, Amen

By sharing your testimony you can make it bigger. I love this work and I love sharing the gospel with others!!!!

Hope you have a great week and well the pictures are of the baptism and the rain last week when it rained really hard haha it was kind of scary to be on the side of a mountain and hear the thunder and lightning Right by you haha!! 



Love you All!

Elder Jaymes Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment