Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 101: Happy Birthday Elder Monson!

Well this week has been a really pretty good week.

We just had a lot of special things happen and we are so glad that our Father in Heaven has been blessing us with such great gifts.  It surely is a great opportunity to be a missionary!  It is just a wonderful thing to be a representative of Jesus Christ its an amazing blessing and everyday someone has to tell me that its about to come to an end and well that makes me sad!  At the same time happy because I know that I have done what I can do and I'm not  quitting yet I still have two weeks left  Lets make it the best two weeks of the mission! Now we just need to keep  swimming.  Just like Dory says, Just keep swimming, just keep  swimming, swimming what will we do we swim swim. So with all the rain that has fallen I’ll be swimming in that streets soon enough. haha but it keeps everything really green and I am just so happy to be here and glad that I was sent here.


The truth is I have been really pondering and reading on a really interesting subject. I read in 3 Nephi 11 and we know that this chapter is all about the coming of the Savior Jesus Christ.  What a great part of the Book of Mormon. It really teaches us by the example of Christ, he says, "Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning. And it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words the whole multitude fell to the earth; for they remembered that it had been prophesied among them that Christ should show himself unto them after his ascension into heaven. And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto them saying: Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world." (3 Nephi 11:10-14)


He presents himself  and then says, “come unto  me”.  Its kind of like  us as missionaries we come to a place and say, “Hi,  I'm  Elder  Monson and well I am here  to  bring you to Christ." Well its been that way for a long time and I really can’t remember not being a missionary, its been fast, but all good things come to an end.  I was pondering about this as I was saying before and I said to myself, "I know I have brought people to  Christ but have I came unto Christ more than I was before?” It’s an interesting thing really, have I boasted about my God and will I do it forever? My mom wrote me last week about what she has been reading in Alma and am I like Ammon? Can I  say, "I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." (Alma 26:11-12)

Can I say that? I know I  have 2 weeks left but when I take off the Name badge can  I say that for two years I have dedicated my life my heart my mind my strength in the work of the all mighty?  Or will  I regret parts?  I  know I’m  not perfect but did my imperfection take over what could I have done more?  Did I do it all?
I can say in this day that I was not perfect but I will forever praise my God forever and ever!!! and I will not let him down even if I am tired and can barley stay awake I will  work  with all my might and let the Lord do the rest.

Its funny my birthday is this week if you didn't know haha!  Its Wednesday, it will  be a great day not lots of cake and  candles, no,  it will be a great day to serve the lord. Hey its not every birthday you can say you were in the service of your God.  Just two  years for me and that’s it! Its  an  amazing thing to be doing this and well God loves me I know it! I will  always  praise my God for  it. I love this work I  love my family!!!  Every week I am surprised on how much my  family  grows and well what a blessing it  is to  be part of this work God made and the love he has for us. I  know its true!  God  really is asking us to come unto him and  even when its not "Hi  I’m Elder  Monson” anymore its  “Hi  I’m  ‘Johnny’ and I  am your  friend I  want to  show  you how I am  blessed by god".  Share the gospel it’s all the prophet has asked just share it! and God  will do the rest!!! I will  boast to my God forever!!! I love him I will serve him forever!

I love you all!! Happy Labor day! Its interesting as my mom tells  me of a lot of  things I'm missing its crazy!! but that's ok  Becauce well  God loves  us!!! and knows us!! Pray to him and he will respond.

Love Ya!!
Elder  Jaymes  Monson
  

No comments:

Post a Comment