Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 99: Crazy!

Wow! 99 weeks that’s crazy and I’m starting my 100th that’s even weirder!!! Oh well I guess its about time haha.

What a week it was a really tough week but a pretty good opportunity to learn and apply the things God has in store for us. We are still working and doing what we can and we are seeing some big blessings and its been a good experience learning and applying the things we need to do to get better and to do better. It just is interesting at times we really don't know what to do but the Lord knows it and its just fascinating to see the work in action. We are just happy to be here. It was really interesting- we had some interviews with President George this week and he told me that he just loves me and loves seeing what the zone is doing and how we are. He just is super glad that we have everything under control and well he can rely on us. It was good, he gave me a hug and said, -well I am sort of mad that you'll be leaving soon I wish we had more missionaries like you Elder Monson-. Wow some really powerful words and I'm really glad I got to hear that, you know sometimes you really need to hear nice things to help you realize that what you are doing really matters for the person you are working for. It wasn't just that it came from him it came as an answer to prayers and well yes mom i only have about a month left how great it will be to see you again. but one month still is lots of time to make the best out of it and don't worry ill do my best!

I have been reading a lot this week I hope my mom can catch up so we can finish in a month, but I read Helaman this week and what a great book it is. I read something that really caught my eye and interest it says, "But behold, your days of probation are past; ye have procrastinated the day of your salvation until it is everlastingly too late, and your destruction is made sure; yea, for ye have sought all the days of your lives for that which ye could not obtain; and ye have sought for happiness in doing iniquity, which thing is contrary to the nature of that righteousness which is in our great and Eternal Head." (Helaman 13:38) I was just thinking and saying I never want to be told this haha I would rather hear “And behold, thus hath the Lord commanded me, by his angel, that I should come and tell this thing unto you; yea, he hath commanded that I should prophesy these things unto you; yea, he hath said unto me: Cry unto this people, repent and prepare the way of the Lord." (Helaman 14:9) but I was thinking maybe I was sent for this reason, I was sent to bring the people to repentance and to bring them to the light. To prepare the ways of the Lord. Jesus Christ is our "Eternal Head" he is the head of our army we are part of his army and he leads and guides us wherever we go. He has sent us to cry repentance to these people and well am I doing it right? I sure hope so. It says that Samuel was about to go home and well throw in the towel saying these people don't want to listen, but then he received an answer to prayers that said go back and preach then when he found the door closed he didn’t say oh well I did my best, NO!  He climbed on an wall and shouted with a voice I would say of greatness and with all his might shouting the things the Lord had put in his mouth to say, isn’t it interesting that the Lord promises this to us as well, he said, 
"Behold, and lo, I have much people in this place, in the regions round about; and an effectual door shall be opened in the regions round about in this eastern land.
 Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls.
 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men;
 For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.
 But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things.
 And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say."
He promises us that if we just do his will the spirit will testify. We saw this this week when we went to see Enrique, it was a great lesson wow a great man.  Our good friend Victor didn't know exactly what the needed to say to help him accept the baptismal invitation. But all he did was testify! and he testified with the strength of angels and with he confidence that Jesus is the Christ. It was powerful!!  He said, Brother I was like you but here I am sitting by your side, God loves you and he wants the best for you Baptism is the best thing in the world do it and God will guide you forever. This is the truth and it will make you free. don’t ever think other wise! There was more he said but really we cant do this work alone this member made it so easy for the invitation and well he is changing this mans life through the power of God that he has and the spirit he brings into this mans house. wow what power.  Then Enrique said why didn't you come over some other times without the youngsters, as he calls us, Victor said well I will to help you get ready for this day! wow I’m so glad I could be there and feel the strength. I Know its real!

This week I have been studying about it in Chapter 11 of Preach My Gospel and well its amazing! "for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men." (2 Nephi 33:1) its amazing to see how the people really are changing to do good for themselves and doing this good for the good of God. Its been a great week but even better than the week was the experiences we have had. God knows us and he knows our strengths and well if we only do his will we will be blessed in abundance.  It’s interesting to talk to people in the street and they just say I have the truth but then just tells us they don’t want to listen to the truth the best ones are like I know you your a Mormon do you know that you worship Joseph Smith? and the Mormons this and that. Its funny because they are telling us what we are supposed to know and well we chuckle and say- sister can we come by to clear things up? She then says no I’m from a different church and my paster says I cant, -oh sister you have your freedom to choose that’s why god has given you agency and well choose what’s right. Its a great thing I know the truth so I can testify of it.  "And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost, even as the Lamanites, because of their faith in me at the time of their conversion, were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and they knew it not.
 Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world, to save the world from sin.
 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved." Come with the broken hearth and a contrite spirit and he will let us in! I know it and testify of it!!!

Well I love you and I love this work!!!




Elder Jaymes Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment