Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 95: travel plans and hail?

Lets get Excited We are missionaries!!!

That’s what we said on Tuesday in our district leader meeting and well BOOM! The numbers are up and the missionaries are on fire!!! Wow now just we need to get going faster to keep up with our awesome Zone!!! Its just awesome to be here and to have a companion that is just excited to work and to get calls at night hearing about the miracles that are happening in the missionaries lives!!! Its awesome to be a missionary!!!


I just received some information to fill out to go home?! What! Well I guess its around the corner because this Saturday I complete 22 months as a missionary! It’s a hand full or two and my toes, wait I cant count that on my fingers and toes anymore!!! ahh!!! Oh well it goes fast but I'm working till the last day!! until Pres. George sends me on a jet and says “Well done!”  


I'm super excited to be a missionary. I love this work and Elder Leon and I will work hard and never say never because as it says in Moroni 7:29-30
“And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men.  For behold, they are subject unto him, to minister according to the word of his command, showing themselves unto them of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of godliness.”

Have miracles ceased? NO way! We are miracles! WE SEE THEM EVERYDAY IN OUR OWN LIVES. I am a Miracle sent from the father to bless the lives of others. We talked about this this week in our meetings and wow, we saw the miracles and just the excitement to work. We asked the Missionaries if miracles have ceased they said no, then we asked then how will we make this miracles better and an everyday thing? We taught through the spirit as we explained that Faith,  and well how it needs to have an action and we asked if they were contacting 20 people in the street daily, they said no, well… We have a promise that we will baptize weekly if we only contact 20 people daily. Elder Johnson taught us this and we have sort of forgotten it. Then we came to the conclusion that we as a zone will contact 20 people daily and the miracles will come. The sisters in one area had nobody to baptize these next few weeks so they hit the road and went to work and well they baptized 2 this past week and well 2 more are coming this week.  We still haven't had our baptism this month but we are hoping and well planning one Saturday not just one 2 and well we are excited to keep working. Miracles happen everyday we just need to open our eyes and we will see.

A funny thing that happened this week is that it hailed. That’s not the funny part. We where eating lunch in downtown San Cris and we finished and started walking to our house to grab somethings we had forgotten then we see a lot of people running towards us. Which could mean one a dinosaur was coming, two they are training for a Marathon and we where in their way or three like everywhere here in Chiapas its starting to rain. Well it wasn't the first two it was the third and well it wasn't rain it was HAIL! Not just some little old hail that comes in little bits it was a wart causing hail. That’s why they were running! So well we thought we could be Manchu men and we are but don't worry we learned our lesson as we were going against the flow of people we felt this hail hitting our heads and we took cover but it didn't help we needed to get home and my companion needed to go to the bathroom because needing to go to the bathroom and water falling from the heavens doesn't really mix so we decided to run home.  Wow I don’t think I have ever ran faster and sweat the most in my life!! haah just kidding here in San Cris we don't sweat we freeze if we sweat haah but I got soaked and well that wasn’t all that great to tell you the truth because it was cold and by the time we got home the streets were filled to the top of the curb with water flowing down the road so ya not good. We then got home and while shivering we tried to start the weather heater haha and well it wasn't going too well but after getting it started we warmed up and well left the house all dry and all warm but here when the sun goes down, you feel the cold and well its not too fun!!! but ya all is well and they say it snows here in January I'm glad I wont be here then because well I only have a sweater or two and  what’s that going to do in a snow storm? who knows! haha but I am just super excited to work!!! I love it! and well we will see lots of miracles this week and then ill write them the next week and I just hope it doesn’t rain anymore I want to be warm and when you are soaked nothings warm haha!! Love you all!!! Have a great Week!!





Elder Jaymes Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment