Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 85: Mother's Day

Happy Monday!!!

Well I just got word last night that I’m going to Tuxtla today to get my companion, I'm training a new Elder, who knows what his name it but ill know tomorrow so ya it will be good I’ll keep working hard and moving forward!

Yesterday was Mothers Day so happy mothers day to all you wonderful women! Grandmothers and mothers, sisters all the wonderful women in our livers!!! I am so glad I got the opportunity to talk to my wonderful mother yesterday! It was good I have forgotten how to speak English but that's OK ill learn it soon!!

I was joking with my mom last week as we were chatting back and forth a bit. she said her doctor said he needs to move her knee more I then told here she needs to start running because when I come home in four months or so she will be the first to come and give me a hug. haha she just said she’ll start running! I love my mom she is the best. I just want to say I’m pretty sure I have the best mom in the world for me. I couldn't ask for anyone else to take her place. Elder Christofferson said, "In all events, a mother can exert an influence unequaled by any other person in any other relationship. By the power of her example and teaching, her sons learn to respect womanhood and to incorporate discipline and high moral standards in their own lives. Her daughters learn to cultivate their own virtue and to stand up for what is right, again and again, however unpopular. A mother’s love and high expectations lead her children to act responsibly without excuses, to be serious about education and personal development, and to make ongoing contributions to the well-being of all around them."

A mother is a teacher she teaches by example, she is a counselor and a she helps her children learn whats wrong from right. To tell you the truth my mom is a “i`m right here” type of mom. Let me explain, she is there in times of need like when I was in my elementary school when mom packed my lunch it was awesome because she would pack it full of good things to eat and more times then not I would find a napkin that would say four words “I love you Jaymes” or like one time i remember i found the words, “Jaymes I am so proud of you keep your chin up” that day I remember was a rough day but I gained straight that day that only mom can give. As I grew up I received texts or a message in my mailbox on my phone from my wonderful mom. She is awesome and even today I receive emails from my mom telling me how much she loves me. My mom is a proud missionary mother of 2 missionaries she always is sending us her love, even when we are miles away!!!  A mother is always there for her children, mother’s “Be ready always to give an answer to every [man, woman, and child] that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.  Bring up your children in light and truth. Teach [them] to pray, and to walk uprightly before the Lord.” A mother is a peacemaker and a Worthy daughter of god; she lives righteously for priesthood blessings in her home. I have seen it in my grandmothers as their husbands use their priesthood to bless others and act in their callings. I have seen it in my own mother when my dad was bishop, and came home late because he was blessing others lives, or when she would go to the hospital just to be with him to see members who needed his help. I have seen it in every calling she has been in. She has sacrificed all to have priesthood blessings. A woman’s moral influence is nowhere more powerfully felt or more beneficially employed than in the home. There is no better setting for rearing the rising generation than the traditional family, where a father and a mother work in harmony to provide for, teach, and nurture their children. The things that are important to god are the small and simple things and where our heart is. I am so glad to have such a wonderful mother and father who love me and are my guides through this life. A mother is one of the best if not the best creation god has. She is there to be the nurse when we get hurt, the hand to hold in the doctors office, the one to make you smile to be there for you, the best hugger, the criers place to find peace, the person who is home to greet you, and the best part of her husbands life, and so much more!! Aren’t mothers the best!! I want to marry someone just like my mom so my kids can have what I have had. If you haven't wished your mom or your sister or your grandma a happy mothers day you better do it soon. Its their day to shine and well its the best day for missionaries because they got to call home!! Now these missionary moms can’t wait til Christmas and its only May!! Because they get to talk to their missionaries once again!! Let us celebrate mothers day everyday!! Share your love everyday with the mom in your life because each day to a good day to show and tell your mom you love her! Moms are the best!! I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

Love you all hope the week was good and well this week is even better!!!

Elder Jaymes Monson




        



    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment