Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 73: "You Can Do It Now!"

Well this week was an awesome week!!!

This weeks baptisms
Elder Aguila and I are staying together so no changes. But we got word this week that this ward is baptizing more than my last zone! wow that’s crazy!!! Its not anything to do with us!! Its our awesome bishopric who all baptized this week. in this Picture from left to right is, on bottom the two handsome Elders and then UBI (2nd Con.) Fransisco (his best friend) Alicia and Juan (who just got married) Raul (1st CON. who drove us every week to Juans house) and our beloved Bishop Gonzalez (baptized Juan). now there is a cool thing with our bishop and Juan. Juan has been attending church for 20 years in a different!!! and when he started who was the bishop in that ward the man who baptized him!! ya he has been bishop a long time!!! but everyone of these grand men had a special part in the lives of these new Members. Do you remember the man who brought 3 inv to church my first week UBi would be that man he has now baptized every one of them. Its amazing how the lord works and well by the small things he does. We had the wedding of JUan and Alicia Friday when the Bishop turned a problem into a solution and well took the responsibility and well he did it and he couldn't be more happier!! Everyone of these people have had a rough past but now it doesn’t matter. President Diter F Uchtdorf talked about this in the priesthood season of General Conference in October. his talk was entitled you can do it now! and well the bishopric basically told this to these wonderful children of our father in heaven. Pres. Uchtdorf says in his talk, "

When I was young, falling and getting up seemed to be one and the same motion. Over the years, however, I have come to the unsettling conclusion that the laws of physics have changed—and not to my advantage.

Not long ago I was skiing with my 12-year-old grandson. We were enjoying our time together when I hit an icy spot and ended up making a glorious crash landing on a steep slope.

I tried every trick to stand up, but I couldn’t—I had fallen, and I couldn’t get up.

I felt fine physically, but my ego was a bit bruised. So I made sure that my helmet and goggles were in place, since I much preferred that other skiers not recognize me. I could imagine myself sitting there helplessly as they skied by elegantly, shouting a cheery, “Hello, Brother Uchtdorf!”

I began to wonder what it would take to rescue me. That was when my grandson came to my side. I told him what had happened, but he didn’t seem very interested in my explanations of why I couldn’t get up. He looked me in the eyes, reached out, took my hand, and in a firm tone said, “Opa, you can do it now!”

Instantly, I stood.

I am still shaking my head over this. What had seemed impossible only a moment before immediately became a reality because a 12-year-old boy reached out to me and said, “You can do it now!” To me, it was an infusion of confidence, enthusiasm, and strength.

Brethren, there may be times in our lives when rising up and continuing on may seem beyond our own ability. That day on a snow-covered slope, I learned something. Even when we think we cannot rise up, there is still hope. And sometimes we just need someone to look us in the eyes, take our hand, and say, “You can do it now!”" Each one of these people had fallen in some things they would have regretted and well now they have a new start and are moving on this path of righteousness, President Uchtdorf goes on with this awesome statement our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward." this statement reminds me of one of my favorite Disney quotes Hakuna Matata haha no its from Walt himself "Around here; However, We Don't look Backward for very long. Wee keep Moving foreword, Opening up New Doors and doing new things, because we’re Curious...And Curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." we don't look backward much we keep moving forward. Now if we put this in a scripture 2 Nephi 31:19-20

 19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken Faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.

 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a clove of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

If we Press forward we are moving foreword right? well this is what Juan has been doing he has walked 2 hours to get to church to keep pressing foreword and well he wanted so badly to be baptized and well now he is he is a member and well he will keep moving forward. 

Elder Edward Dude told a story in Conference about his mom and how he kept looking forward. While I was a boy working in the fields with my mother, she taught me one of the most important lessons in life. It was late in the morning, the sun was up, and we had been hoeing for what I thought to be a very long time. I stopped to look back at what we had accomplished and said to my mother, “Look at all we have done!” Mother did not respond. Thinking that she had not heard me, I repeated what I had said a little louder. She still did not reply. Raising my voice a little higher, I repeated again. Finally, she turned to me and said, “Edward, never look back. Look ahead at what we still have to do.”

While my mother’s lesson of looking ahead was directed toward the visible weeds in the field, that challenge was minor in comparison to what the early Saints went through. Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin described this experience so well: “In 1846, more than 10,000 [people] left the thriving city [of Nauvoo] that had been built on the banks of the Mississippi River. With faith in prophetic leaders, those early Church members left their ‘City Beautiful’ and struck off into the wilderness of the American frontier. They did not know exactly where they were going, precisely how many miles lay ahead, how long the journey would take, or what the future held in store for them. But they did know they were led by the Lord and His servants” the saints of the trails didn't now how long it would be to Utah but they kept moving foreword. there is a better way. Let us rise up and become men of God. We have a champion, a Savior, who walked through the valley of the shadow of death on our behalf. He gave Himself as a ransom for our sins. No one has ever had greater love than this—Jesus Christ, the Lamb without blemish, willingly laid Himself on the altar of sacrifice and paid the price for our sins to “the uttermost farthing.” He took upon Himself our suffering. He took our burdens, our guilt upon His shoulders. My dear friends, when we decide to come to Him, when we take upon ourselves His name and boldly walk in the path of discipleship, then through the Atonement we are promised not only happiness and “peace in this world” but also “eternal life in the world to come.” True heartfelt repentance brings with it the heavenly assurance that “we can do it now.” 


Everyone changes just like President Monson talked about in OCT 2012 that everyone can change the truth is Fransisco and Emmanuel were sure and well their families where sure they would never change but when they heard that drinking was bad and that god didn't want it they said ok ill stop and well they did!!! the lord works in mysterious ways! the greatest way to do anything is on the lord side! so be on the team and don't run out of bounds in times of need stay in the game and battle it out and well we can do it!!! when you fall get up and brush it all off and start running again!!! I love this work!!!


Love you ALL!! Hope you have a great week!!

Elder Jaymes Monson



No comments:

Post a Comment