Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 63- Believe

Happy Monday to all of you,

I just love being Happy!!! I don't know why I always am but It makes the days go by so much better especially when you are running around to make sure a wedding is going to happen and well its just a relief to breath in and let it out slowly and say well that's something I will never forget and I'm not sure I want to do it again. Next time I have a wedding I will be calling in for backup maybe the next time I plan one it will be mine!! wow that's weird I really cant see that right now well at least not yet! haha.
But the truth is it was really a big relief as we planned a Wedding/ Baptism for an investigator named Carmen who we have been trying to get married or to have her separate from her husband for a while so she could follow the will of the lord. but after all my time here in Juarez She finally did it and well it was super awesome!!! I was super happy to see her get baptized and she asked me if I would do the honor in baptizing her I just said of course if that's your decision I would be honored. so what a privilege to see her grow in the gospel and to then just lead her down to the waters and help her make this covenant with our father in heaven. What a wonderful blessing it is to see these decisions so what a great blessing it was and well what a great person she is she really has changed her life to a Christ centered life and well she will go far with the attitude she has. so its just so awesome.

I was thinking a lot today and this whole week, especially yesterday watching the devotional, its the season i really have forgotten what it was I was thinking about haha just kidding I have been thinking about Christmas I mean this time of the season who doesn't? well I am really far away from home this Christmas but as it says in a familiar song Ill be home for Christmas if only in my dreams. But the thing is we are all away from home this Christmas Season. Its not as much the commercial Christmas as President Monson says its more as he said last night, on the road to Bethlehem, I don't know if that's what he said in English I was listening to it in Spanish but that's the translation that came out yesterday. But I was thinking a lot yesterday night as we had some free time last night, about how we all can be home for Christmas and how we all can travel on the road to Bethlehem. I remember when I was a bit littler that we would do a nativity in our house just the family sometimes with grandparents but just as a family acting out the parts of the nativity. the truth is those little plays we had were really meaningful as my dad would read the first Christmas story and as we would try to act out the parts. the meaning of Christmas really come to our home as we came closer and we gained more knowledge of the first Christmas that ever happened. we were sort of going down the road to Bethlehem. the truth is those nights changed a commercial event to a peaceful and loving enviroment as we acted out the parts. but the truth is sometimes we didn't get the whole meaning sometimes as my Brother Tyler said one time, I'm a wise man and a Shepard, oh says my dad a wise Shepard, wait says my brother with a confused face I'm a Y too? haha but the spirt of Christmas came into our home as we enjoyed an evening going down the road to Bethlehem. There is a song That I really love and well you cant listen to it all year long haha its jingle bells haha no that's not it its Believe by Josh Groben. what a great song here are the lyrics

Children sleeping, snow is softly falling
Dreams are calling like bells in the distance
We were dreamers not so long ago
But one by one we all had to grow up

When it seems the magic slipped away
We find it all again on Christmas Day

Believe in what your heart is sayin'
Hear the melody that's playin'
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate

Believe in what you feel inside
And give your dreams the wings to fly
You have everything you need
If you just believe

Trains move quickly to their journey's end
Destinations are where we begin again
Ships go sailing far across the sea
Trusting starlight to get where they need to be

When it seems that we have lost our way
We find ourselves again on Christmas Day

Believe in what your heart is sayin'
Hear the melody that's playin'
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate

Believe in what you feel inside
And give your dreams the wings to fly
You have everything you need
If you just believe



If you just believe, if you just believe
If you just believe, just believe, just believe

When IT seems we have lost our way we find ourselves again on Christmas day beleve in what your heart is sayin hear the melody thats playin theres no time to waste there is so much to celebrate. there is no time to wait there is so much to celebrate. Time for family time for so many things but what is the best time to spend what things? the things that will make us have headaches or the things that will give us peace. "its the most wonderful time of the year," "there is no time to hesitate" Just believe. Bring a better belief in Christ. Christmas it the time "MAS" or MOST for Christ. 
Let our Christmas Season be more Christ centered and More about Family more time to celebrate with the ones we love! Marry Christmas and May god bless each and everyone of you.

Elder Jaymes Monson

(Mom's note: he looks so happy!  It makes a mom cry with happiness to see him smile and be so happy! he sounds so good and loves what he is doing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment