Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 83: I Am a Child of God

Well this week was great!! Saturday I completed 19 months in my mission how great it is to be a missionary, I have no idea what happened this month, yes conference but its a good thing I have a journal so I can be reminded the day to day things wow time goes fast!!. I love this gospel!!



My dear brothers and sisters, each day is a day of decision. President Thomas S. Monson has taught us that “decisions determine destiny.” The wise use of your freedom to make your own decisions is crucial to your spiritual growth, now and for eternity. You are never too young to learn, never too old to change. Recently I heard a chorus of children sing the beloved song “I Am a Child of God.” I wondered, “Why haven’t I heard that song rendered more often by singing mothers or faithful fathers?” Are we not all children of God? In truth, not one of us can ever stop being a child of God! (Elder Nelson) this week I have thought a lot about how I can teach this subject, Are we not all children of God? In truth, not one of us can ever stop being a child of God! its the truth we all are children of a living loving god. In Deuteronomy 14:1 it says "Ye are the children of the Lord your God", also in Job 33:4  “The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." we are the children of god; he has made us in his image so we are like him. He is our father sure nobody is the same that might be why I stand out here, or why 2 high school girls Thursday asked where I was from, or why the immigration people ask me for my immigration card to make sure I’m not just passing by. Seriously a tall handsome white guy doesn't standout in Mexico or does he?  J anyways back to what i was saying. The spirit is the third member of the godhead and it has a special purpose it is to testify. As a missionary or anyone who has the Holy Ghost you receive revelation and well as a missionary I can’t teach the same thing to everyone because everyone is different and has different needs. I cant imagine being a missionary in my dads days wow a lot to memorize. i am so glad to have Preach my gospel it is a tool of power it allows us to follow the spirit a lot more and it says, You may alter the order of the lessons as you are inspired to adapt to the investigators’ interests and needs. You may use more than one meeting to teach the principles in one lesson, and occasionally you may teach the contents of two lessons in a single meeting. Heavenly Father knows His children, so rely on inspiration to make these decisions as you teach. Pray for the gift of discernment, and pay attention to thoughts that come to your mind or feelings you have about what to teach. It means we can change it up and well adapt it to the needs of the person. We follow the spirit because it is the Senior companion and well also he knows everything. We teach but the spirit teaches us in the lesson. The power of the spirit is the power Divine when we work together with the spirit we receive the power and the knowledge to speak to the heart. Its all because our Father in heaven loves us. With your body being such a vital part of God’s eternal plan, it is little wonder that the Apostle Paul described it as a “temple of God.” Each time you look in the mirror, see your body as your temple. The human body Created by God as a gift to you, it is absolutely amazing! Think of your eyes that see, ears that hear, and fingers that feel all the wondrous things around you. Your brain lets you learn, think, and reason. Your heart pumps tirelessly day and night, almost without your awareness. We really are gods greatest gift and his best creation. If you think about it god knows each of us personally, You were chosen not for your bodily characteristics but for your spiritual attributes, such as bravery, courage, integrity of heart, a thirst for truth, a hunger for wisdom, and a desire to serve others.

You developed some of these attributes premortally. Others you can develop here on earth as you persistently seek them. Our father in heaven knows our capability and he knows all! if you thought like I did as a kid that your parents know everything ha ha its nothing compared to god he knows it all "For your Father, who is in heaven, knoweth that you have need of all these things." (Doc. and Cov. 84:83) Controlling our appetites is not always easy. Not one of us manages them perfectly. Mistakes happen. Errors are made. Sins are committed. What can we do then? We can learn from them. And we can truly repent. we can ask forgiveness just like when i was a kid asking my mom to forgive me often, we can ask our father in heaven for forgiveness and just like my loving mother he will give it. But sometimes it will need a father’s touch or a talk with someone to explain it and that's where my dad comes in explaining the truth of forgiveness and the power of it. sometimes it might be something that "we weren't thinking" or something that you weren't using your head on. but sometimes its big. because god loves us he sent his son to comfort and forgive us and explain the way. Jesus saith unto him, I am the away, the Truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (john 14:6) sometimes I could only be forgiven by my mom thought my dad. just like that example we can find forgiveness thought the savior. He wants to forgive. and he will if we ask and if we come to his feet. he loves us and one day "the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life." (Alma 40:11) we will go "home" just like after a mission or after school there will always be a "home" for us. What a blessing it is to be a son of god!. God has created the grand plan of happiness now let us show we are glad we are part of it by smiling and remembering whose child we are. What a marvelous work and a Wonder we are we truly are the best our father can make we all are different but we are perfect just the way we are. Just like a Kenny Loggins song, Just think of your friends The ones who care They all will be waiting there With love to share And your heart will lead you home. Each day brings opportunity for decisions for eternity. Now let us make the best ones we can to make it home. 

I love you all! We all are sons and daughters of a living god!! have a great Week!!! and don't forget to smile!!


Elder Jaymes Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment